The Design RFIs Module is used to track all requests for information during the Design or Pre- Construction phase of the project.
Use the links to quickly jump to the steps in the article below.
- To enter an RFI, select RFIs from the Pre-Construction Menu and click on +New
These instructions are for creating a new Design RFI. To edit an existing Design RFI, see View and Edit Items.
There are multiple ways to look at the RFI information with the use of views. The views available are:
▪ *All RFIs
▪ *All RFIs by Status
▪ *Late RFIs
▪ *Open RFIs
To learn more about views, click here
- In the DESIGN RFI Section, enter the following information:
▪ RFI Title: A descriptive title for the RFI
▪ RFI Number: The system will generate the next available number once the RFI is saved
▪ RFI Status: A drop-down of the status for the RFI.
▪ RFI Closed: Yes/No field
▪ Ball-in-Court: The user who should be made aware of this item and is currently responsible for the item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to the Ball-in-Court. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ Cc: Any additional users who should be aware of this item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to all listed in the Cc field. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
Any field with an asterisk * is a required field and must be entered.
▪ All BIC / Cc emails are tracked in the Email Notice Log.
▪ If there is no Ball-in-Court listed, users in the Cc column will not receive any notifications.
▪ If a user is added to the Cc column, only that user will be notified of their addition.
▪ If users are added as individuals and as a member of a group, they will only receive one notification email.
- In the QUESTION Section, enter the following information:
▪ To: Select from the drop-down the company and person receiving the RFI (This is populated by the Project Directory)
▪ From: Select from the drop-down the company and person sending the RFI (This is populated by the Project Directory)
▪ Priority: A drop-down of the selections for the priority.
▪ Requested Response Date: The date a response is requested by
▪ Question or Problem: A detailed description of the question or problem
▪ Proposed Solution: A detailed proposed solution to the question or problem
▪ Cost Impact: Yes is selected if there is an anticipated cost impact
▪ Schedule Impact: Yes is selected if there is an anticipated Schedule impact
▪ Drawing Number: A drawing number(s) associated with the RFI
▪ Spec Section: A spec section associated with the RFI
▪ Initiated By: The person initiating the RFI (This will default to the user entering the RFI but can be modified)
▪ Initiated Date: The date the RFI was initiated (This will default to the current date but can be modified)
- Use the DISCUSSION Section for any discussions during the process
▪ Discussion: Enter any discussion items here. Each entry will be date and time stamped and show the user who entered the discussion information.
- Use the ANSWER Section to answer the RFI.
▪ Response: The answer or response to the RFI
▪ Reviewed By: The user who answered or responded to the RFI
▪ Answered Date: The date the RFI was answered
- Use the ATTACHMENTS Section to add or view any attachments for the RFI.
To learn how to attach a file, click Attaching Files
When finished entering information, click Save and Close