The Submittals Module is used to track all Submittals for the project.
Use the links to quickly jump to the steps in the article below.
- Select Submittals from the Logs Menu and click on +New
This tutorial is for creating an original Submittal. To learn how to revise an existing Submittal, click here.
There are multiple ways to look at the Submittal information with the use of views. The views available are:
▪ *All Submittals
▪ *All Submittals by Status
▪ *Late Submittals
▪ *Open Submittals
To learn more about views, click here
- In the SUBMITTALS Section, enter the following information:
Any field with an asterisk * is a required field and must be entered.
▪ Submittal Title: A descriptive title for the Submittal
▪ Submittal Status: A drop-down selection of the status for the Submittal
▪ Submittal Closed: Toggle indicates the original and possible revisions have now been resolved
▪ Ball-in-Court: The user who should be made aware of this item and is currently responsible for the item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to the Ball-in-Court. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ Cc: Any additional users who should be aware of this item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to all listed in the Cc field. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ All BIC / Cc emails are tracked in the Email Notice Log.
▪ If there is no Ball-in-Court listed, users in the Cc column will not receive any notifications.
▪ If a user is added to the Cc column, only that user will be notified of their addition.
▪ If users are added as individuals and as a member of a group, they will only receive one notification email.
- On the GENERAL INFORMATION Section, enter the following information:
▪ To: Select from the drop-down the person and company the Submittal is going to (This is populated from the Project Directory)
▪ From: Select from the drop-down the person and company the Submittal is coming from (This is populated from the Project Directory)
▪ Submittal Category: A drop-down selection of the appropriate category for the Submittal
▪ Spec Section: A drop-down selection of the appropriate spec section related to the Submittal
▪ Initiated By: The person initiating the Submittal (This will default to the user entering the Submittal but may be modified)
▪ Initiated Date: The date the Submittal was initiated (This will default to the current date but may be modified)
- Use the DISCUSSION Section for any discussions during the process.
▪ Discussion: Enter any discussion items here. Each entry will be date and time stamped and show the user who entered the discussion information
- Use the REVIEW Section to respond to the Submittal
▪ Response: The response to the Submittal
▪ Responded By: The user who responded to the Submittal
▪ Responded Date: The date the Submittal was reviewed
- Use the REVISIONS Section to create a new revision of the Submittal
Learn more on creating a revision here
▪ Create Revision?: When a person is ready to resubmit a Submittal item, they will go to the original Submittal and check this box
▪ New Revision Number: Enter the revision number for the Submittal revision being created from this submittal
- Use the ATTACHMENTS Section to add or view any attachments for the Submittal
To learn how to attach files, click here
When finished entering information, click Save and Continue or Save and Close