The BCOs Module (formerly PCOs) is used to track the budget change order information for the project. It will track all of the budget change orders and be available to be included in a change order. Once a BCO is approved it is included in the BCOs calculation on the appropriate contract.
Use the links to quickly jump to the steps in the article below.
- Select BCOs from the Project Costs Menu, and click on +New
This tutorial is for creating a new BCO. For more information on how to view or edit the BCO, click View and Edit Items.
There are multiple ways to look at the BCO information with the use of views. The views available are:
▪ *All BCOs
▪ *Approved BCOs
▪ *Late BCOs by Ball-in-Court
▪ Available for CO
To learn more about views, click here
- Enter the following information in the BUDGET CHANGE ORDER Section:
Any field with an asterisk * is a required field and must be entered.
▪ BCO Title: Enter a descriptive title for the PCO
▪ BCO Number: The next available BCO Number will be generated once the item is saved
▪ BCO Status: A drop-down of the status for the BCO which defaults to Open.
▪ Ball-in-Court: The user who should be made aware of this item and is currently responsible for the item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to the Ball-in-Court. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ Response Due Date: Enter in the date the response should be sent by.
▪ Cc: Any additional users who should be aware of this item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to all listed in the Cc field. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ All BIC / Cc emails are tracked in the Email Notice Log.
▪ If there is no Ball-in-Court listed, users in the Cc column will not receive any notifications.
▪ If a user is added to the Cc column, only that user will be notified of their addition.
▪ If users are added as individuals and as a member of a group, they will only receive one notification email.
- Enter the following information in the GENERAL INFORMATION Section.
▪ Parent Contract: Select the appropriate contract from the drop-down list (This is populated in the Contracts Module)
▪ Change Type: Select the appropriate change type for the BCO from the drop-down list
▪ BCO Reason: Select the appropriate reason for the BCO from the drop-down list
▪ Total Amount: The amount of the BCO totaled from the line items
▪ Total Days: The anticipated change in days to the schedule as a result of this BCO totaled from the line items
▪ Description of Change: A description of the potential change
▪ Initiated By: The user initiating this BCO (This will default to the user entering the BCO but can be modified)
▪ Initiated Date: The date the BCO is being initiated (This will default to the current date but can be modified)
- Use the LINE ITEMS Section to enter the line items for this PO, with the following information by clicking +New entry
▪ BCO Line Number: Enter the line number
▪ BCO Title: Enter a descriptive title
▪ Contract Line Lookup: Select the Contract Line to associate this BCO with
▪ BCO Line Item Amount: Enter the amount of the BCO line item
▪ BCO Change in Days: Enter the change in days for the BCO line item
▪ Collected in Change Order: This is maintained by the system. When a BCO is pulled into a Change Order Line Item, the change order number is populated here.
- Use the DISCUSSION Section for any discussions during the process
▪ Discussion: Enter any discussion items here. Each entry will be date and time stamped and show the user who entered the discussion information.
- Use the REVIEW Section to review and approve the BCO.
▪ Reviewed By: The user reviewing this PCO
▪ Reviewed Date: The date the PCO is being reviewed
▪ Approver Signature: Checking the box indicates a signature for the person currently logged into the PCO.
- Use the ATTACHMENTS Section to add or view any attachments for the BCO
To learn how to attach files, click here
When finished entering information, click Save and Continue or Save and Close