The Budget Module is used to track the budget for the project, as well as paid to date and approved changes. Budgets are tracked at the line item level for contracts/pos/BCOs/PO Mods/Change Orders/Payment Apps and Invoices.
Use the links to quickly jump to the steps in the article below.
- Select Budget from the Project Costs Menu and click on +New.
There are multiple ways to look at the Budget information with the use of views. The views available are:
▪ *All Budgeted Items
To learn more about views, click here
▪ Enter the following information on the BUDGET Section:
Any field with an asterisk * is a required field and must be entered.
▪ Category: Enter an appropriate category
▪ Budget Section: Select the budget section from the drop-down list
▪ Yardi Category: Select the appropriate related Yardi Category from the drop-down list
▪ Level 1 Budget: Enter the dollar amount for the level 1 budget
▪ Level 2 Budget: Enter the dollar amount for the level 2 budget
▪ Original Budget: Enter the dollar amount for the original budget
▪ Use the ATTACHMENTS Section to add or view any attachments for the Budget.
To learn how to attach a file, click Attaching Files
When finished entering information, click Save and Close
- The Budget has several calculated fields that can be viewed in the CALCULATED TOTALS Section.
▪ Total Commitments: The sum of the Contract Amount and Purchase Order Amounts for this category
▪ Approved COs: Total of the Approved Change Orders for the Contracts associated with this category
▪ Revised Commitments: The sum of the Total Commitments plus the Approved COs
▪ Variance: The difference between the Original Budget and the Revised Commitments
▪ Paid To Date: The total from the Approved Payment Applications for all Contracts for this category, as well as, the Invoices for all Purchase Orders for this category.
▪ Balance Remaining: The difference between the Revised Commitments and the Paid to Date