The RFIs module is used to track all requests for information for a project.
Use the links to quickly jump to the steps in the article below.
- Select RFIs from the Logs Menu and click on +New
There are multiple ways to look at the RFI information with the use of views. The views available are:
▪ *All RFIs
▪ *All RFIs by Status
▪ *Late RFIs
▪ *Open RFIs
To learn more about views, click here
- In the RFI Section, enter the following information:
Any field with an asterisk * is a required field and must be entered.
▪ RFI Title: A descriptive title for the RFI
▪ RFI Number: The system will generate the next available number once the RFI is saved
▪ RFI Status: A drop-down of the status for the RFI
▪ RFI Closed: Toggle indicates the RFI has now been resolved.
▪ Ball-in-Court: The user who should be made aware of this item and is currently responsible for the item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to the Ball-in-Court. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ Cc: Any additional users who should be aware of this item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to all listed in the Cc field. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ All BIC / Cc emails are tracked in the Email Notice Log.
▪ If there is no Ball-in-Court listed, users in the Cc column will not receive any notifications.
▪ If a user is added to the Cc column, only that user will be notified of their addition.
▪ If users are added as individuals and as a member of a group, they will only receive one notification email.
- In the GENERAL INFORMATION Section, enter the following:
▪ To: Select from the drop-down the company and person receiving the RFI (This is populated by the Project Directory)
▪ From: Select from the drop-down the company and person sending the RFI (This is populated by the Project Directory)
▪ Priority: A drop-down of the selections for the priority
▪ Requested Response Date: The date a response is requested by
▪ Initiated By: The person initiating the RFI (This will default to the user entering the RFI but can be modified)
▪ Initiated Date: The date the RFI was initiated (This will default to the current date but can be modified)
- In the QUESTION Section, enter the following information:
▪ Question or Problem: A detailed description of the question or problem
▪ Proposed Solution: A detailed proposed solution to the question or problem
▪ Cost Impact: Yes is selected if there is an anticipated cost impact
▪ Schedule Impact: Yes is selected if there is an anticipated Schedule impact
▪ Drawing Number: A drawing number(s) associated with the RFI
▪ Spec Section: A spec section associated with the RFI
- Use the DISCUSSION Section for any discussions during the process
▪ Discussion: Enter any discussion items here. Each entry will be date and time stamped and show the user who entered the discussion information.
- Use the RESPONSE Section to answer the RFI
▪ Answer: The answer or response to the RFI
▪ Reviewed By: The user who answered or responded to the RFI
▪ Answered Date: The date the RFI was answered
- Use the ATTACHMENTS Section to add or view any attachments for the contract
To learn how to attach files, click here
When finished entering information, click Save and Continue or Save and Close