The Invoices Module is used to track the invoice information for the project. It will track all of the invoices against a Purchase Order.
Use the links to quickly jump to the steps in the article below.
- Select Invoices from the Project Costs Menu, and click on +New
This tutorial is for creating a new Invoice. For more information on how to view or edit the Invoice, click View and Edit Items.
There are multiple ways to look at Invoice information with the use of views. The views available are:
▪ *All Invoices
▪ *Open Invoices by Ball-in-Court
To learn more about views, click here
- Enter the following information in the INVOICE Section:
Any field with an asterisk * is a required field and must be entered.
▪ Invoice Number: The number for the Invoice.
▪ Invoice Status: A drop-down of the status for the Invoice which defaults to New.
▪ Ball-in-Court: The user who should be made aware of this item and is currently responsible for the item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to the Ball-in-Court. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ Cc: Any additional users who should be aware of this item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to all listed in the Cc field. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ All BIC / Cc emails are tracked in the Email Notice Log.
▪ If there is no Ball-in-Court listed, users in the Cc column will not receive any notifications.
▪ If a user is added to the Cc column, only that user will be notified of their addition.
▪ If users are added as individuals and as a member of a group, they will only receive one notification email.
- Enter the following information in the GENERAL INFORMATION Section.
▪ Parent PO Select the appropriate Purchase Order from the drop-down (This is populated in the Purchase Order module)
▪ Invoice Date: The date for Invoice
▪ Invoice Amount: The dollar amount for the invoice
▪ Initiated By: The user initiating this Invoice (This will default to the user entering the Invoice but can be modified)
▪ Initiated Date: The date the Invoice is being initiated (This will default to the current date but can be modified)
- Use the LINE ITEMS Section to add line items to the Invoice. Click +New entry and enter the following:
▪ PO Line Lookup: SSelect the PO Line Item to associate with this Invoice Line
▪ Invoice Line Number: Enter the line number for this Invoice Line Item
▪ Title: A descriptive name for the Invoice Line Item
▪ Invoice Line Amount: The amount of the Invoice line item
Click Save and Close when done entering one line item.
- Use the DISCUSSION Section for any discussions during the process
▪ Discussion: Enter any discussion items here. Each entry will be date and time stamped and show the user who entered the discussion information.
- Use the REVIEW Section to review and approve the Invoice.
▪ Reviewed By: The user reviewing this Invoice
▪ Reviewed Date: The date the Invoice is being reviewed
▪ Approver Signature: Checking the box indicates a signature for the person currently logged into the invoice.
- Use the ATTACHMENTS Section to add or view any attachments for the Invoice
To learn how to attach files, click here
When finished entering information, click Save and Continue or Save and Close