The Purchase Order Module is used to track the purchase order information for the project. It will track all of the POs and any Invoices for those POs.
Use the links to quickly jump to the steps in the article below.
- Select Purchase Order from the Project Costs Menu, and click +New.
This tutorial is for creating a new Purchase Order. For more information on how to view or edit the PO, click View and Edit Items.
There are multiple ways to look at the Purchase Order information with the use of views. The views available are:
▪ *All Purchase Orders
To learn more about views, click here
- Enter the following information in the PURCHASE ORDER Section:
Any field with an asterisk * is a required field and must be entered.
▪ Title: Enter a descriptive title for the PO
▪ PO Number: This is system generated once the PO is saved
▪ Ball-in-Court: The user who should be made aware of this item and is currently responsible for the item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to the Ball-in-Court. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ Cc: Any additional users who should be aware of this item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to all listed in the Cc field. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ All BIC / Cc emails are tracked in the Email Notice Log.
▪ If there is no Ball-in-Court listed, users in the Cc column will not receive any notifications.
▪ If a user is added to the Cc column, only that user will be notified of their addition.
▪ If users are added as individuals and as a member of a group, they will only receive one notification email.
- Enter the following information in the GENERAL INFORMATION Section:
▪ PO Date: Enter the date for PO
▪ To: Select the company from the drop-down that is receiving the contract (The drop-down is populated from the Project Directory)
▪ From: Select the company from the drop-down list that is sending the contract (The drop-down is populated form the Project Directory)
▪ Total PO Amount: This is the calculated sum of all of the line items for this PO
▪ Approver Signature: Check the box to "sign" the PO
- Use the LINE ITEMS Section to enter the line items for this PO, with the following information by clicking +New entry:
▪ Description: A brief description of the line item
▪ Budget:Select the appropriate category from the drop-down list (This is populated in the Budget Module)
▪ Quantity: The quantity for the line item
▪ UOM: The Unit of Measure for the line item
▪ Unit Price: The price for 1 of the line items
▪ Extended Amount: This is calculated as Quantity times Unit Price
- Use the ATTACHMENTS Section to add or view any attachments for the Purchase Order
To learn how to attach files, click here
When finished entering information, click Save and Continue or Save and Close