The Action Items Module is used to track all tasks that are not RFIs, Submittals, etc. in a project.
Use the links to quickly jump to the steps in the article below.
- Select Action Items from the Logs Menu.
There are multiple ways to look at the Action Item information with the use of views. The views available are:
▪ *All Action Items
▪ *Late Action Items
▪ *Open Action Items
To learn more about views, click here
- Click on +New and in the ACTION ITEMS Section, enter the following information:
Any field with an asterisk * is a required field and must be entered.
▪ Task Name: A descriptive name for the Action Item
▪ Action Item #: The system will generate the next available number once the Action Item is saved
▪ Task Status: A drop-down of the status for the Action Item which defaults to Not Started.
▪ Ball-in-Court: The user who should be made aware of this item and is currently responsible for the item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to the Ball-in-Court. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ Cc: Any additional users who should be aware of this item. When the record is saved an e-mail is sent to all listed in the Cc field. This will occur every time the Ball-in-Court is changed.
▪ All BIC / Cc emails are tracked in the Email Notice Log.
▪ If there is no Ball-in-Court listed, users in the Cc column will not receive any notifications.
▪ If a user is added to the Cc column, only that user will be notified of their addition.
▪ If users are added as individuals and as a member of a group, they will only receive one notification email.
- In the GENERAL INFORMATION Section, enter the following: .
▪ Description: A detailed description of the Action Item
▪ Start Date: The anticipated start date for the Action Item
▪ Due Date: The due date for the Action Item
▪ Priority: A drop-down of the priority for the Action Item (High, Normal, Low)
▪ % Complete: Once the Action Item is started, the % complete can be updated on an on-going basis
- Use the DISCUSSION Section for any discussions during the process
▪ Discussion: Enter any discussion items here. Each entry will be date and time stamped and show the user who entered the discussion information.
- Use the ATTACHMENTS Section to add or view any attachments for the contract
To learn how to attach files, click here
When finished entering information, click Save and Continue or Save and Close