The various views for a module are listed to the far right on the upper menu bar. Click on the down arrow to see the views. To create a custom view, follow the steps in this guide.
Use the links to quickly jump to the steps in the article below.
- Select the appropriate module from the Menu. Select the view you wish to start from by clicking on the down arrow next to the view name and selecting the appropriate view. Click on Save view as.
- Enter a new name for the view. Uncheck the box for Make this a public view. Click Save.
- Click on the drop-down next to the View name and select Edit current view.
- Choose the columns to display and the order to display them in.
▪ View Name: A descriptive name for the view.
▪ Display: The checked box indicates that this column is included in the view
▪ Position from Left: This indicates the order the columns will appear from left to right.
- Choose up to two columns to sort by.
▪ First sort by the column: Select from the drop-down the column to sort by.
▪ Then sort by the column: Select from the drop-down the next column to sort by.
▪ Show items in ascending order/Show items in descending order: Select to sort in ascending order for each sort or descending order.
▪ Sort only by specified criteria (folders may not appear before items): Check this box to sort on what you have selected only. This could mean that folders are interspersed with items.
- Select to filter by one or multiple criteria.
If you are doing more than one condition, verify that the correct option is selected (i.e. And or Or).
▪ Show all items in this view: Select this option to show all items.
▪ Show items only when the following is true: Select this option if you wish to filter the view.
▪ Show More Columns: Click if you need to add additional criteria.
- Check the box to Allow Multiple selections to perform bulk operations (like delete).
- Select to Group By up to two columns.
▪ First group by the column: Select the column from the drop-down to group by.
▪ Then group by the column: Select the second column from the drop-down to group by.
▪ Show groups in ascending order/Show groups in descending order: Select the appropriate radio button to show in ascending or descending order.
▪ By default show groupings:
▪ Collapsed: Select this option if you want to show the items collapsed (Click on the grouping to expand and see the detail)
▪ Expanded: Select the appropriate radio button to show in ascending or descending order.
▪ Number of groups to display per page: Select the number of groups to show per page.
- Select which columns to total (It will give options for all columns selected to be displayed above.)
▪ Total: Select the appropriate option from the drop-down box next to each column you wish to total
- Select the appropriate Style for this view. We recommend the Default.
▪ Show timeline above the view: Select to show a timeline at the top of the page
▪ Show completed items as struck through: Select to show an item marked as completed with a line through it.
- Select how to display the folders in the view.
▪ Show items inside folders: Select this radio button to show items within their appropriate folders
▪ Show all items without folders: Select this radio button to show all items without folders.
- Enter the number of items to display and how to limit them.
▪ Number of items to display: Enter in the maximum amount of items to displayher
▪ Display items in batches of the specified size: Select this radio button to still return all items but in batches.
▪ Limit the total number of items returned to the specified amount: Select this radio button to only return the number of items selected to display.
- When you are done, click OK. The view will default to the view you just created.